Borderlands Sweepstakes Official Rules
ONLIVE GAME SERVICE
“Friend 2 Win” Sweepstakes
Please read the Official Rules (“Official Rules”) of the “Friend 2 Win” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) sponsored by OnLive, Inc. (the “Sponsor”). You must agree to accept and comply with the Official Rules to participate in the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning any prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. CONTEST BEGINS AT 4:00 PM PST ON DECEMBER 27, 2011 AND ENDS AT 11:59 PM PST ON DECEMBER 30, 2011.
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, go to the OnLive Marketplace, select Borderlands, select “Get Game (3 day rental)”, enter your password and play during the promotion period, between 4:00 PM PST on December 27, 2011 and 11:59 PM PST on December 30, 2011, and you (“Entrant”) will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”). LIMIT: ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. All Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No purchase necessary to enter.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The winners will be selected from all eligible Entries received in a random drawing to be conducted on or about January 3, 2012 by representatives of Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified by using the contact information provided when registering for the OnLive Game Service.
Five (5) Entrants will receive one (1) Universal OnLive Wireless Controller (approximate retail value (“ARV”) $49.99 each). Five (5) Entrants will receive one (1) “4-Pack” of games comprised of a promotional code for a Full Play Pass for any single game on the OnLive Game System (excluding pre-orders). This promotion code can be shared with up to 3 Friends on the OnLive Game Service to play the same game with the winner (ARV up to $200.00 each). The total ARV of all prizes: $1,250. Limit: one (1) prize per family or household. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery and is not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners. Sponsor will fulfill prizes within 8 weeks after determination of eligibility. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes period. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individual legal residents of the contiguous United States who are age 18 or older at the time of entry and are members of the OnLive Game Service. Employees, directors and officers and their immediate families (spouses and siblings, parents and children and their spouses) and household members of the Sponsor, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is void outside the continental US and where prohibited.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winners will be notified within 6 weeks of the drawing. Each winner will be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prize may be forfeited if winner is unable to or refuses to sign the declaration. Each winner agrees to use of his/her name, address, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS/RELEASE: By participating, Entrant agrees to (a) release Sweepstakes Entities, their respective directors, officers, agents and employees from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by (i) Entrant’s participation, including unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize; (ii) any Sweepstakes Entities’ sponsorship or administration of the Sweepstakes; and (iii) Entrant’s and/or any third party’s use, sale or disposal of the prize; (b)acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize. Neither Sweepstakes Entities nor any service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data, or omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or any other error malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes which, in the opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Entrant and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at www.onlive.com. If the Sponsor decides to reconvene the Sweepstakes after a suspension, the determination of the prize winner will be made, from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the suspension, as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. Entries not complying will all rules are subject to disqualification.
DISPUTES: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by appropriate court located in California; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-or-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
8. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners’ names, send an email message to email@example.com and type “Friend 2 Win Sweepstakes Winners” in the subject line. Such requests must be received by January 15, 2012.
9. SPONSOR: OnLive, Inc., 181 Lytton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301.
10. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CONTEST? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2011 OnLive, Inc. All rights reserved.