PlayPack 200 Sweepstakes Official Rules
Please read the Official Rules (“Official Rules”) of the PlayPack 200 Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) sponsored by OnLive, Inc. (the “Sponsor”). You must agree to accept and comply with the Official Rules to participate in the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant (“Entrant”) fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning any prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD.
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must (a) completely fill out and submit the entry form on the OnLive website (http://www.onlive.com/playpack) or OnLive Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/OnLive) between 9:00 AM PDT on April 19, 2012 and 11:59 PM PDT on April 27, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), and (b) be or become a registered member of the OnLive Game Service by the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Doing so will earn you one Sweepstakes entry. You can earn one additional Sweepstakes entry for each game you play in the OnLive PlayPack (each a “PlayPack Game”) by the end of the Sweepstakes Period for at least 200 seconds (a “Qualifying Play”). Neither a subscription to OnLive PlayPack nor the purchase of any game is required. A Qualifying Play can be made by playing a PlayPack Game through the OnLive PlayPack or via a free demo of the game on the OnLive Game Service.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) Grand Prize winner and four (4) Runner Up winners will be selected from all eligible entries received in a random drawing to be conducted on or about May 6, 2012 by representatives of Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified via the email address provided on their entry form.
3. PRIZES: The Grand Prize will consist of one (1) Universal OnLive® Wireless Controller and one (1) ASUS™ Transformer Prime Tablet (Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $649). Each Runner Up Prize (4 total) will consist of one (1) Universal OnLive® Wireless Controller (ARV: $49). Total ARV of all prizes: $845. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and shipping fees, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to individual legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are age 18 or older at the time of entry and are registered members of the OnLive Game Service. Employees, directors and officers of Sponsor (and their immediate families and members of the same household), and Sponsor’s affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is void outside the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: The winners will be notified within 6 weeks of the drawing. Winners may be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and liability release (“Declaration”) and, where permitted, publicity release. Prize may be forfeited if a winner is unable to or refuses to sign and return the Declaration to Sponsor within 3 weeks of receiving it. A winner must agree to Sponsor’s use of his or her name, address, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited, and alternative winners may not be selected.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS/RELEASE: By participating, each Entrant agrees (a) to release the Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook, their respective directors, officers, agents and employees from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by (i) Entrant’s participation, including unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize; (ii) any Sweepstakes Entities’ sponsorship or administration of the Sweepstakes; and (iii) Entrant’s and/or any third party’s use, sale or disposal of the prize; and (b) that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize (any written warranty by the manufacturer concerning the prize will be provided along with the prize). Neither Sweepstakes Entities nor any service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data, or omission, interruption, deletion, defect or any other error malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes which, in the opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Entrant and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at www.onlive.com. If the Sponsor decides to reconvene the Sweepstakes after a suspension, the determination of the prize winners will be made, from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the suspension, as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
7. DISPUTES: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by appropriate court located in California; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-or-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
9. NAME OF WINNERS: To obtain the winners’ names, send an email message to email@example.com and type “PlayPack 200 Sweepstakes Winners” in the subject line. Such requests must be received by August 1, 2012.
10. SPONSOR: OnLive, Inc., 181 Lytton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
11. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CONTEST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2012 OnLive, Inc. OnLive.com is protected by U.S. and international copyright and patent laws and other intellectual property laws worldwide. OnLive and the OnLive logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of OnLive, Inc. The OnLive logo is a registered copyright of OnLive, Inc. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.