“SO YOU THINK YOU CAN KILL” CONTEST
ONLIVE GAME SERVICE
“SO YOU THINK YOU CAN KILL” CONTEST
CONTEST BEGINS AT 6:00 PM EDT AND ENDS AT 8:59 PM EDT ON August 30, 2011.
1. HOW TO ENTER: To participate in the OnLive Game Service “So You Think You Can Kill” Contest (the “Contest”) sponsored by OnLive, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) play the Deus Ex Human Revolution game (“DE:HR Game”) on the OnLive Game Service on Tuesday August 30, 2011 from 6:00PM to 8:59PM EDT. If you are an OnLive subscriber, but have not yet purchased a PlayPass to Deus Ex Human Revolution you can enter by sending a postcard to OnLive, Inc., 181 Lytton Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94301 Attention: Deus Ex Human Revolution Promo Entry, including your Player Tag, first/last name and email address, postmarked no later than 11:59PM EDT (altogether, the “Entry”). No illegible, incomplete, forged, or altered Entries will be accepted. LIMIT: ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. If additional Entries are received per person, only the Entry received last will be eligible. All Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No purchase necessary to enter
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected by Eidos-Montreal developers during the contest, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest. Contest is valid until all prize winners are verified and all prizes are awarded. Winners will be determined based on (i) in-game performance that is observed by Eidos-Montreal developers, and (ii) randomly selected participants. Each winner will be notified on or about September 6, 2011 via the email address provided for his/her OnLive Game Service Account.
3. PRIZES: The following prizes will be awarded based on the accolade given by Eidos-Montreal developers: Eidos Deus Ex package including signed poster, t-shirt, messenger bag (Eidos-Montreal-branded), rubber bracelet, rubber keychain and 2 stickers, with an approximatr retail value (ARV) of $100 each. The Grand Prize will be a trip to two to Mondtreal, Canada including airfair and three nights’ hotel accommodation, ARV $3,000. Limit: one (1) prize per family or household. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individual legal residents of the contiguous United States who are age 18 and are members of the OnLive Game Service, except employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor, Eidos-Montreal, and their affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Each winner may be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prize may be forfeited if winner is unable to or refuses to sign the declaration. Each winner agrees to use of his/her name, address, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
6. GENERAL: This Contest is void outside the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States of America. Sponsor is not responsible for machine, computer, contestant, or Sponsor errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines or data corruption. Also, Sponsor is not responsible if Contest participants are unable to successfully access or utilize the OnLive Game Service for any reason whatsoever, whether due to reasons under Sponsor’s control or not. The use of automated software or computer programs to participate is prohibited and any individual who uses, attempts to use or is suspected by Sponsor (in its sole reasonable discretion) to be using such methods to play will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and the winner(s) will be selected from among all eligible Entries received prior to such time based on the process set forth above. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judge and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor and its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activity. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners’ names, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and type “So You Think You Can Kill Contest Winners” in the subject line. Such requests must be received by August 30, 2013.
8. SPONSOR: OnLive, Inc., 181 Lytton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 9430
9. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CONTEST? Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Copyright © 2011 OnLive, Inc. OnLive.com is protected by U.S. and international copyright and patent laws and other intellectual property laws worldwide. OnLive and the OnLive logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of OnLive, Inc. The OnLive logo is a registered copyright of OnLive, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.